IHi friends, long time no see!! I hope you all have been having a wonderful summer, I know we have :). Today’s breakfast recipe is perfect for just about any occasion since it’s so quick and easy to take on the go. They’re a total crowd pleaser, because who doesn’t like bacon and pancakes? And in one bite? Win. Win. You could easily make a batch ahead of time, freeze them, and pop them in the toaster on a busy morning!
- Regular or Turkey bacon
- Pancake mix
- Lay your bacon on a foil lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400 for 12-17 minutes (cook time will vary based on the thickness of the bacon)
- While the bacon is baking, mix up your pancake batter and transfer to a batter bottle (if you don’t have one, no worries, it just makes it a little easier to pour
- When the bacon has reached your desired level of crispness, remove from the oven and place on paper towels to soak up the grease.
- Heat up your griddle (or pan you plan on making them in if you don’t have a griddle)
- When griddle is hot, draw an oval with pancake batter a little bigger than the piece of bacon and fill in with batter
- Place a piece of bacon on top of the pancake batter
- Make squiggle lines on top of the bacon with the batter to seal the bacon in
- When the sticks are golden brown and solid on the bottom, flip the pancake over to allow the other side to cook as well
- When the dippers are cooked to a golden brown, remove from the griddle and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with syrup for dipping!
Have a great rest of your week friends